TK390 Programming password

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

CVChief

TK390 Programming password

Post by CVChief »

Is there anyway to get around the read RSS password on a TK390? I bought a new one and a cable. Now I can't read the old one. I hate to think about trying to reprogram it from scratch.
n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

That is the only way I know of.
mod
Splat

Post by Splat »

I've heard of a few back from the factory that used the serial #, or the last couple of digits of it, as the p/w. Good luck with it.
Hambone259

Re: TK390 Programming password

Post by Hambone259 »

I also am having trouble programing a tk390. I have the proper cable and software and when setting up for programing I see PC on the display screen. But when I try to read the radio it keeps saying the cable isn't connected or the com port is wrong. The cable is good, I am reasonably sure...and the com port and baud rate is correct. The control panel device settings even recognizes the com port and the cable plugged in.
Am I missing the a password setting somewhere? Please reply and email to adinserter@hotmail.com.
Splat

Re: TK390 Programming password

Post by Splat »

Unless you can try the cable on another radio you can't be certain it's OK. I would try another baud rate, if you can, but if your Com port and baud rate are good then it's either the cable or the radio.