Question about Repeater

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

SkndrVoip

Question about Repeater

Post by SkndrVoip »

im looking to know if this feature its one of the feature of repeater that if any one like portable radio or mobile radio configuerd with same frequancy of repeater that evry one in the area that coverd with station ( repeater ) signal hear the voice ,
for example
A: Repeater
B: Portable radio
C: Mobile radio
if A tallk to B&C the B&C will hear A
if B try to tallk to C and the distance between B & C too long but A hear the both B & C will C hear to B
other mean will any one tallk to A evry one in the covarge of A will hear the other party
also if there is no A like if its down that B will not hear C

i hopt that im explane my point
dmonty83

Post by dmonty83 »

I think you just explained to yourself how a fixed base repeater works...but just for yucks I will explain it again.

A repeater works quite well for hearing both sides of a conversation. It does that by using two separate frequencies, one for the repeater input or the tx of the portable or mobile and another frequency for the repeater output or the rx of the portable/mobile which is also the same frequency that you would program into a scanner.

As I mentioned before this allows for portables, mobiles and bases to be heard as clear as the other, assuming they are within range of the radio system.

If the repeater goes down. You would have to switch over to another channel. One commonly used in small systems is a simplex channel. Basically your channel two could be the output frequency of the repeater. This is a more line of sight frequency.

Hope this helps.

David
SkndrVoip

Post by SkndrVoip »

im looking for this because i have a group of TK-3107 and i have one TK-8108 the TK-8108 its setup with big antena in high building and all other TK-3107 in the area hear from the TK-8108 and TK-8108 can tallk to all but when some one of TK-3107 try to tallk to other one in other place not hearing any thing and he must tallk to TK-8108 to tell him that i need to send message to other TK-3107 ,

Im lookinig to make station that if any one tallk to other one in any place the each will hear like the the TK-8108 hear all .

I think that i need Repeater if its no then what its require and how much it will be coast and the model

thanks
dmonty83

Post by dmonty83 »

based on the situation you described you are definately looking for a repeater. I am not sure of your local laws, but you need to get a repeater frequency pair from the governing agency and then you need to buy the actual hardware. Good Luck.

David