Fleetsync Question

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

nyscan00

Fleetsync Question

Post by nyscan00 »

I currently use the Fleetsync feature on our handheld radios but can only get it to work correctly when the BOT ( Begining of Transmission) is selected. I would like to have it activated and used with only the EOT but it doesnt seem to work when only EOT is seleted on all radios.

For the feature to work does it have to be on BOT?

Thanks
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

It should work on EOT. Is it just caller ID, or are you using the short text messaging? Are you on an LTR system or a repeater? (Maybe the repeater is dropping out before the MSK burst is completed).

Can you try it with a couple of units on simplex and see if it works?
nyscan00

Post by nyscan00 »

Hi, thanks for the reply...
Currently the radios are used simplex, and I'm just using the standard PTT ID, with different units programmed (ex Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc)
I have tried programming the units with EOT but when I hear the data burst come across the other radios will not display the ID at all.
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

Ummmm....I don't know. It should work. The only thing I can think of is that the MSK burst is getting cut off (maybe the transmitter is dropping before the burst is actually through). It could be a software bug that Kenwood resolved in a later firmware version.
dmonty83

Post by dmonty83 »

so FleetSync works with BOT?

If so, then I have to agree that the radio maybe cutting itself off.

Perhaps a timing setting could be to blame as well? What model radio are you using?
nmfire10

Post by nmfire10 »

I'm using a mix of BOT and EOT and some BOTH on our fleet of x90 and x180 radios. It should work flawlessly.
dmonty83

Post by dmonty83 »

ever get this issue resolved?
gtfd236

Fleetsync

Post by gtfd236 »

Can any one help me out?? My department just bought tk-7160's with fleet sync. we would like to set the up but I don't know how? we want to use it for the caller id . Please email me if you can help or have a file so I can figure it out. Thanks Robbie
Wes

Post by Wes »

I have experianced similar problems when using BOT vs. EOT.

We have several 280s, 2180s and 7180s in the field and all are set up for EOT. The 2180s and 7180s display the caller ID flawlessly, but the 280s are hit and miss and mostly miss.

I have played with the configurations and have never been able to get it work like it should.

Wes
Wes Hutchens
wch36@yahoo.com
911 Telecommunicator / 2-Way Tech.
Mount Airy & Winston-Salem/Forsyth County, NC
http://www.ra-techservices.com
dmonty83

Post by dmonty83 »

It sounds like you were having a timing issue...there needs to be a signaficant amount of time 300-600ms for the BOT delay so the other radios can hear the FleetSync data.