Dual Band TK-730/830 volume balance

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

ai4ui
Location: Hung by the neck with a rope until I was dead, dead, dead...

Dual Band TK-730/830 volume balance

Post by ai4ui »

I have a two radio/single head setup, a TK730 & 830. Pretty nice setup, I like the feature of only having one control head. The only problem I am having is the volume levels between the two radios are different - i.e. the volume level on the 830 is lower than the 730. If I am scanning and turn up the volume for a UHF channel, I get blasted by something from a VHF channel, likewise if I set the level for VHF channels, I can't hear the UHF channels very well.

Is there an internal setting for the individual volume levels. I was thinking I could feed it a fixed signal from a service monitor & then measure the voltage on the speaker lead and adjust something until I get some balance. I just don't know what/where that something is. I looked over the schematic that someone has posted on the net but I did not see any kind of descriminator audio level adjustment or anything like that.

Any ideas?

Regards

Robert
n5tbu

Re: Dual Band TK-730/830 volume balance

Post by n5tbu »

Verify that W106 is shorted on both decks,it is on the front by CN101.
Maybe one of your decks was used as a remote mount)shorted W106)and the other as a one piece unit(openW106)
mod
ai4ui
Location: Hung by the neck with a rope until I was dead, dead, dead...

Post by ai4ui »

It wasn't shorted on the UHF drawer, but it is now. However, it did not seem to make any difference. I have a parts radio I can pull the AF section out of & swap. Perhaps the audio amp is going soft.

Robert
n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

Never mind...already sent that!
mod