90 series power

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

ohgary
Site Supporter

90 series power

Post by ohgary »

Does the 90 series have a programmable high and low RF power setting?
I love my 30 series but I really hate to be at max power when I am talking a few blocks
Splat

Re: 90 series power

Post by Splat »

I don't have one but looking at the specs on Kenwood's site it does show a high and low output for each of the 90-series radios. Now, if that's a user-selectable hi/low per channel I don't know.
KF6OWC

Post by KF6OWC »

the tk-x90 radio dont have a user selectable power level. there is an option though. removw the pot on the power board, solder in jumpers. the build up your own board ( it wont have to be very big) this board will need to have two pots, one low one high. this use a small relay to switch between the two, or something similar. program one of the front PF keys as an aux function, use that to switch the two pots. it is a little bit of work, and it can be all consealed with in the radio with a little effort. jim
nmfire10

Post by nmfire10 »

You can program it by channel in the software. But that is the only way unless you make your own system like Jim described.
kingpin

Post by kingpin »

You can set the power for each channel in the settings. In the software, select the channel and press the "Ch Edit" button at the bottom. In there, you will see a field that says TX Power and there you can select High or Low.

Jason