TK-760 programming issues

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

ff/medic14

TK-760 programming issues

Post by ff/medic14 »

Hey guys,

I am having some issues trying to program a TK-760 (is NOT a "G" model) and not sure if it is the "H" model or not. I have the software & programming cable. I do know that I cannot program it from the radio head (I have to use the PC). The problem is I can enter the KPG29D program OK, but when I go to read the existing information off of the radio it comes up displaying; "ERROR, take radio out of scan or stop radio from transmitting.." I have tried changing COM 1 to COM 2 unsuccessfully. Is there a button sequence on the radio that you need to press to put the radio into "program" mode? (ex. hold the "A" button down while turning on power...) Any help that you guys could provide would be fantastic!!! Thanks very much in advance.................Shawn
westcoaster

Re: TK-760 programming issues

Post by westcoaster »

ff/medic14 wrote:Hey guys,

I am having some issues trying to program a TK-760 (is NOT a "G" model) and not sure if it is the "H" model or not. I have the software & programming cable. I do know that I cannot program it from the radio head (I have to use the PC). The problem is I can enter the KPG29D program OK, but when I go to read the existing information off of the radio it comes up displaying; "ERROR, take radio out of scan or stop radio from transmitting.." I have tried changing COM 1 to COM 2 unsuccessfully. Is there a button sequence on the radio that you need to press to put the radio into "program" mode? (ex. hold the "A" button down while turning on power...) Any help that you guys could provide would be fantastic!!! Thanks very much in advance.................Shawn

No, There isn't anything that has to be done to program the radio with a PC. Power on the unit, plug in the cable, retreive/transmit, radio gets out of program mode on it's own, done...

Couple things though....

You need to be in dos, not the command line emulator in windows, For the quickest and easiest way, you should find a pc running windows '98 and make a startup floppy.
This will give you only the necessary dos files to start up with. Once the PC boots off the win'98 floppy, insert the KPG29D software disk and through the dos prompt run the kpg29d software.

I had a tk762 (two channel version of the 760 shares many components and can be cloned between them) once that I couldn't program. Turns out it was a burned resistor in the unit. I received the help from this board. Just a sec.... Did a search and....
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2081