TK-250 (G) programming

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

N3CHU

TK-250 (G) programming

Post by N3CHU »

Hi all, Does anyone know if the TK-250 G series can be programed using the buttons or do you have to use software??? Thank you for your help. Davie n-3-c-h-u at atlanticbb dot net
DocHolliday

Re: TK-250 (G) programming

Post by DocHolliday »

The biggest majority of the kenwood radios will program from the radio without software but this is a option that only the Kenwood techs know and don't reveal and is kepted turned off in the radio. However I have a friend that will be soon starting work for them in a few weeks then I will have the ancient chinese secret...LOL
This method allows everything to be programmed into a radio EXCEPT for the alpha numeric labeling which the software is needed to do that for some reason. This info I just stated came from a tech at the main Kenwood Office tech Dept..
N3CHU

Post by N3CHU »

AAAsooo! thank you for your good info. If I am unable to find a programming interface I will try it. thanks. Davie
KI4LTX

Post by KI4LTX »

Two things must be in place before one can program the recent Kenwood portables from the front panel:

A resistor nomally needs to be removed, and "Self Programming" must be enabled by the programming software. After that, many of the current models can be programmed from the front panel. So you need access to the Programming Software at least in the beginning.