TK272G Programming Issue

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

medic2078

TK272G Programming Issue

Post by medic2078 »

While attempting to read/write to a TK272g, I think the codeplug was corrupted. The radio reads "UNPROGM" (or something to that effect) on the display, and whenever I try to read or write to the radio, it advises me that the model # is incorrect. It allows me to proceed anyway, then it gives me a bad connection message. I am able to perform the radio Check Sum, using the software, and I can also read the radio information. The radio information shows a BLANK model #, but says it is VHF.

I am using an aftermarket cable; however, I was able to read/write multiple times to 3 other TK272g's without any issues. I'm using KPG56d, V4.22. I've tried taking the "good program" from the other radios, and dumping it into the bad one, but I get the same error messages.

Now for the reason I think the codeplug is corrupted. When I first read the radio, there were no issues, but when I went to write to the radio, the battery died in the middle of programming. From past experience with Motorola radios, I know that power failures during programming are a huge problem.

Short of sending back to dealer/Kenwood, does anyone have any suggestions?
medic2078

Re: TK272G Programming Issue

Post by medic2078 »

Situation Resolved!

I opened up KPG-56D, V3.20 (DOS based). Using that program, I was able to create a new codeplug. When I went to write to the radio, it told me the Model # was blank, and asked if I wished to proceed. I did and.....Waalah, it worked! Then I went back to KPG-56D, V4.22 (Windows), and was able to read and write to the radio without any issues.

Admin, you can lock this post. Thanks
ka7wnf

Re: TK272G Programming Issue

Post by ka7wnf »

Good news! Thanks for posting the resolution for all to read.