EFJ 5600 repeater, looking for info

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

mancow

EFJ 5600 repeater, looking for info

Post by mancow »

Anyone have any experience with the EF Johnson 5600 repeaters made by ADI?

Does EFJ still have the software? If not, where can it be obtained? Any other details about them that may be handy

thanks
Intrinsically Safe

Re: EFJ 5600 repeater, looking for info

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Oddly enough I do have some info on these repeater.
PM me and I'll get you the info I have.

I didn't know any of these repeaters were still out there....

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
Intrinsically Safe

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

It looks like EFJ has stuff on their website for this repeater.
You can download the service manual from their site here

http://www.efjohnsontechnologies.com/re ... Manual.pdf

Hope this gives you what you need

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.
mancow

Post by mancow »

I called them with the part # for the software and was told it's no longer available. They actually suggested I try to call around and see if I can get it from someone. Unfortunately the didn't have any specific people in mind to contact.

I.S... I will send you that pm.
mancow

Post by mancow »

well piss... I tried to send you a PM Intrinsically Safe but it kept kicking back an error saying that no recipient was added. I even went through the search for member link and added you that way but it still erred out.

Anyway, I have that manual that was previously mentioned (thanks to all that provided the info) but I'm still stuck looking for the SW. I had a friend that is an EFJ dealer but I can't seem to get in touch with him. When I called EFJ about it they said it was no longer being offered and they really didn't seem to care how I got it but they didn't seem to know any specific places to direct me either.

So, I guess it will be a nice big paperweight until I can figure something out.

Also, does anyone know if it's a special cable or is it just a com port to com port deal?

Thanks in advance.
mancow

Post by mancow »

Intrinsically Safe, I'm posting this to let know that I replied to your pm just in case it didn't go through for some reason.
mancow

Post by mancow »

A kind member here is looking into this for me but in the mean time if anyone else has the cable diagram for one of these repeaters I would be very greatful. I think it's just a DB9 to RG11 with no other components.