Something fishy on ebay

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
metro121

Something fishy on ebay

Post by metro121 »

Has anyone else noticed some new ebay names selling motorola stuff.
I notoced some items being sold, usually with a reserve price and the seller has no feedback and always has an undisclosed ID.
He never seems to get anything sold because of his or her reserve .Then I see the same sort of item with the same description protocol but under a differant ebay name and no feed back.
Has anyone else noticed this?
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

Do you mean SpantekRadio & BroComm

I have complained to e-bay about this sort of thing and their response was to suspend me because I registered with a business name.....

Go figure.

:beer:
jim

RE:

Post by jim »

Threaten to suspend you? Sounds like just another case of a big company trying to play "god" pushing everyone around, telling them what to do and trying to run their entire life in general. There are so many companies registered on eBay that are selling their new product, it's ridiculous. They shouldn't complain if they are making money. Unless one is causing them a problem, what does it matter. As for newbies selling equipment, I see what you mean. There are quite a few new names out there.
metro121

Post by metro121 »

Maybe I should clarify my thoughts on the subject.

As I stated in my post, I have noticed a new ebay name selling some Motorola products of differant sorts.
This new name had no ebay feed back as yet and history shows a recent registered user. This is not that unusual but what caught my attention was all the equipment being sold had lo bid starts and reserve prices set.
I had put several of these items in my watch list because I was interested in possibly bidding on them. As I watched for the duration of the bid, I did not bid on anything because I was not interested in the item at the price it was going for.
After the auction had ended, I checked to see what the final bid was and most everything that was up for auction had not met the reserve.
I now see similar Items being sold under a differant and new ebay name that shows no feedback. I also noticed that the location appears to be the same, and the format and dscription are all the same. I have also rechecked the previous ebay name and noticed it is now an unregisterd name.
One might have to wonder if someone is collecting payment and not delivering the items only to relist them and start all over again.
I will not disclose the names I have kept track of because there might be some logical explaination , however I have notified Ebay of the situation in hopes they will do an investigation and compare the account info on each name.
k2xm

BRO-COMM-USA

Post by k2xm »

metro121 wrote: I now see similar Items being sold under a differant and new ebay name that shows no feedback. I also noticed that the location appears to be the same, and the format and dscription are all the same. I have also rechecked the previous ebay name and noticed it is now an unregisterd name.
One might have to wonder if someone is collecting payment and not delivering the items only to relist them and start all over again.
I will not disclose the names I have kept track of because there might be some logical explaination , however I have notified Ebay of the situation in hopes they will do an investigation and compare the account info on each name.
I recently won an e-Bay auction for a A4 Spectra from BRO-COMM-USA.
I received the item exactly as discribed.....as far as I'm concerned he's an
OK guy. I even talked to him on the phone at one point.
metro121

Post by metro121 »

k2xm.
Please read my post entirely and completeley with great comprehension.
I HAVE NOT MENTIONED ANY NAMES AND WILL NOT. DO NOT POST A NAME FROM EBAY THAT YOU HAVE MADE A DEAL WITH AND IMPRESS UPON THE BOARD THAT THE SUBJECT YOU HAVE MENTIONED IS THE PERSON THAT I HAVE IMPLIED IN MY DISCUSSION TOPIC.

Thank you!
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

I did mention names and not for the purpose of stating that the person or group was a bad seller, or that their product was not good. I just named names because they are both selling identical products and when not sold they are being relisted. after my original post the speculation that someone may be receiving funds and not delivered goods was presented.

I have bid on reserve auctions and not met the reserve price, only to receive a lets make a deal e-mail from the seller.

It seems to be the way to beat the listing price if you happen to have more than one item to sell.