GE channel guard / private line question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
motgeradios

GE channel guard / private line question

Post by motgeradios »

I am using a GE PCS and am trying to program it to talk to a motorola radio that uses a private line tone of 4Z, does anyone know what I put into the GE software to make it compatible? When I put in 4Z I get an error. Is there a conversion chart or something? Thanks for your help.
n_zero_ndp

Re: GE channel guard / private line question

Post by n_zero_ndp »

motgeradios wrote:I am using a GE PCS and am trying to program it to talk to a motorola radio that uses a private line tone of 4Z, does anyone know what I put into the GE software to make it compatible? When I put in 4Z I get an error. Is there a conversion chart or something? Thanks for your help.
4Z = 136.5 Hz

Sorry, don't have a chart - just made a quick search for it...

Ken
Eric the Barbaric

4Z CODE

Post by Eric the Barbaric »

4Z = 136.5Hz
RKG

Post by RKG »

A conversion chart can be found at http://www.midians.com/pdf/tone_signaling.pdf
Glen W Christen

CG/PL

Post by Glen W Christen »

If you have a choice, avoid 136.5. That is the same as the turn-off code for systems using DPL and you will have a noise burst everytime anyone unkeys using DPL on that frequency.
RKG

Post by RKG »

The turn-off code for DPL is actually a series of 1s at 134 Hz, which should not false on any half-way decent tone decoder (and has ever presented a problem on any system I've used).