Ranger

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
kc4sbj

Ranger

Post by kc4sbj »

need eprom programmer for the ranger and are their any mods needed 450-470 to the 440 ham band also i know about the x2212 programmer if you have one and want to sale then fine email me also need the tuneup for it
oh i have seen some of the programmer on the web and they want too much for them. some of these programmer are going 150 to 200 i'm not paying this much for a programmer their are some programmer kits online going for around 50.00 to 75.00 but not the x2212 also i have seen this site that has the x2212 on it. I email this person 4 or 5 times and all of them came back. if i can't email them or call them that does me no good. if you are in the Dallas or Ft.Worth And would programm it email me i will send you my phone number we can talk on the phone. Please dont give me a run around
kc4sbj@ev1.net
jim202

Re: Ranger

Post by jim202 »

Sounds like your getting a little testy. Calm down. There are limited methods to program the GE radios with the EEPROM you have.

You did not indicate which control head you have with the radio. Some of the heads like the S950 , S990 and the S825 series all can be programmed and then downloaded into the radio.

Other heads like the S500 S600, S550 all rely on the program in the radio.

All programming can be done with the "Suitcase" programmer. If you have the hex information, you could take the effort and use the hand switch unit and enter all the individual bits of information one step at a time.

I think it is Hal Electronics that came out with a programmer. The cost seems rather on the high side to me.

There has been a mod available that lets you modify one of the S950 or S990 heads and allow channel information to be entered from the front panel. This route I have not temped at this point. I still use the suitcase unit and let the computer do it all for me.

So I guess the bottom line is to find someone with a suitcase that will program the EEPROM for you. You will need to make a chart with all the needed info. Channel, RX freq., RX tone, TX freq., TX tone, time out timer and squelch tail elimination.

Hope this gives you some info on what direction to go. It may not be just what you were expexting. But lets take one step at a time.

Jim
kc4sbj

reply jim

Post by kc4sbj »

Jim thanks for the reply
sorry jim if i sound piss but i'm not i just don't want some one to reply if they don't know what they are talking about. I have found "hex info" it can be down loaded from the internet. the head i have not sure. I know it isn't s550. The s550 has 16 ch. (if i remember) the head that i have has 8 ch and it look like the masterll head. The hand switch i havn't seen one of these. but it sound more like i am look for. So what you are saying jim is that the eprom will take the freq. of the 440 ham band with out a mod being done to the radio. What about the programming? I will take a look at the head and see if their is anything on it that will tell what type it is. The"Suitcase Programmer" is a little too high for what i want I can't see paying that much for a programmer that i am only going to ues 1 or 2 times. I do have the programming on my PC for the GE.
jim202

Re: reply jim

Post by jim202 »

I see that you indicated that you have the GE software. Have you made up any cables to be able to program up the Ranger? I have been looking for the interface and the cable info for some time now.

I know that onew of these days my suitcase will go belly up. I bought it brand new way back about 1978 or so. Was very involved with working on the GE radios back then. Now I only do it for the fire department once in a while. Still have a number of Ranger, Phenix and Delta Sx units in service for myself.

Jim
kc4sbj

Post by kc4sbj »

no havn't made any cable up yet. But here is a site that has the cable
http://www.hallelectronics.com/getech/prog1.htm
these cable work with the Suitcase programmer. They do have the interface box on their web site but they don't have them and don't know if they can get the interface box the reason i have not made any cable is because i want to see if i can get the interface box or not at a good price
2wayguru

Post by 2wayguru »

I have a factory Ge programmer for the rangr and delta. This is a TQ3330 rib and is made only for those 2 radios. I also have the factory cable that goes with it. I have a home brew programmer for the 2212 eeprom that I bought, but have not figured out how to use it. I will part with the homebrew programmer for 50.00. I will only part with the factory programmer and cable if some one buys all my Rangr stuff I have left. What I have left is 2 100w VHF hiband Rangrs complete with s500 heads and cables, as well as a home brew test set, spare heads and part heads. I have some mics and speakers for them as well. I will part with all of it including the homebrew programmer for 350.00 plus shipping. Let me know if your interested... Thanks
Twowayguru
Certified Motorola Service Technician, Centracom Technician and Mobile Data Technician.
kc4sbj

Post by kc4sbj »

thanks for the reply but i found a programming ,cables and programming
for $130 aND THAT NOT BAD thanks