CAUGHT JAMMER!

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
LincolnMan

CAUGHT JAMMER!

Post by LincolnMan »

Ok we caught the jammer, finally after tracking him with equipment for the past month we caught him in the act, took his car keys and called the Sacramento Police Dept, of course the police not knowing anything about radios and FCC, ect ect, basically told us there was nothing they could do, they checked out the guys equipment and we demonstrated that he is monitoring us on transmit capable equipment, the cops said "It doesnt sound illegal to us" and kicked the dude free, but at least now we have a Name and License plate number, what are the FCC regulations and code sections for jamming?
LincolnMan

Post by LincolnMan »

UPDATE:

the original jammer has stopped but now he has someone else doing it, now I have another person to DF, This is getting fun now, we ignore the guy but he plays music constantly on our channel and makes racial slurs and profane comments. fun fun fun
EricR

Post by EricR »

What service is he on? Are you talking Public Saftey, HAM, GMRS, Commercial?
LincolnMan

Post by LincolnMan »

Commercial business band (450-470). I've gotten along further in my investigation and it turns out this particular individual has in the past jammed the Sacramento County Sheriff's dept as well as Coast Guard marine channels, I also found 4 security companies he has jammed for years, as well as the Yuba County Fire dept. this is just the tip of the iceburg too, I keep finding more information on this guy, he's notorious for this activity, yet the FCC doesnt want to do anything about it, We have been consistant with the FCC and they are rude and not helpful at all. For now I'm documenting everything I'm finding and getting written testimony from victims of his radio abuse.
Two way repair man

Post by Two way repair man »

You could try taking the information and evidence you have painstakenly gathered to your local state representative. I would recommend that you try to get him or her to meet with you in person. Usually they will get the appropriate people involved to correct a problem when you directly confront them.

If you do not get satisfaction with a government offical, maybe you should consider what someone else already suggested and go public with all of your information. A local TV station can usually get the government to react a lot faster than the average citizen.
Raymond156

Well It does not work in CANADA

Post by Raymond156 »

In CANADA the (FCC) Industry Canada
moves on this info.
Cowthief
No Longer Registered

Jamming

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

The first question is.
Why did you call the local police?
The second question is.
Why did you stop him?
The thing to do is call the FCC, recordings, pictures, etc, in hand.
As it stands now, he knows you are coming.
jim202

Re: Jamming

Post by jim202 »

[quote="Cowthief"]Hello.

The first question is.
Why did you call the local police?
The second question is.
Why did you stop him?
The thing to do is call the FCC, recordings, pictures, etc, in hand.
As it stands now, he knows you are coming.[/quote]

You seem to be handling the FCC in the wrong fashion. Next time you call them and talk to a "Field Agent" there, make sure you obtain his name and a contact number. While your at it, ask who his supervisor is. The person should be willing to provide that. When you start getting the stall or ignore attitude, be polite and say thank you, you will be hearing further about this. That then sends a message that you now have enough contact info to futher the action.

Now you can contact your congressman or woman and provide them with the info on who you talked with and such. They have the ability to control the purse strings of the FCC and usually something will be forthcoming.

Jim
LincolnMan

Post by LincolnMan »

Another update, the jamming has finally stopped for quite some time, I sent off copies of recordings to the FCC field agent we've been in contact with as well as other written statements from other people he has "terrorized" via the radio, I also mailed recordings to agencies he has tampered with as well as the security companies. He may or may not have had the heat turned on him, we havent heard anything, even with all this the FCC said "we'll see what we can do" and apparently hasnt done anything. Overall it has stopped to our mission has been accomplished but that doesnt say that it wont happen again as he hasnt been punished or had his equipment taken away, he has probably just moved on to screwing with other peoples repeaters.