TRUNKING CDM 1550 LS PASSWORD UNLOCK

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
mikeyc0120

TRUNKING CDM 1550 LS PASSWORD UNLOCK

Post by mikeyc0120 »

ok, this is a pain. anybody know how to either unlock a password or clear it completely maybe by dumping a new codeplug into it?? will that work? any help would be great.
Muggsy09

Post by Muggsy09 »

Not sure about cdm1550LS but I had the same problem with a Kenwood Tk863G some one put a data password in. All I did was read the radio until it asked me for a data password and then click on write to radio and this cleared everthing.
ka7wnf

password

Post by ka7wnf »

I have seen that too on Kenwoods. It only prevents you from reading the radio. It can be written over without the password. Not sure on Motorola. On older Spectras the default password was the last 4 of the serial number if I recall correctrly. I could be wrong though.
MSS-Dave

Re: password

Post by MSS-Dave »

ka7wnf wrote:I have seen that too on Kenwoods. It only prevents you from reading the radio. It can be written over without the password. Not sure on Motorola. On older Spectras the default password was the last 4 of the serial number if I recall correctrly. I could be wrong though.
Only thing you can do on the CDM (and the HT PRO series) is to dump a codeplug into the radio over the existing. Password is there to prevent radio info from being read out.

Dave