Kenwood 280 A/B programing problem

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

ems357

Kenwood 280 A/B programing problem

Post by ems357 »

I'm using the kpg\49D software for the 280. I have the A/B tones programed on a channel, BUT, the tones go off for all agencies, just like the channel that had no tones programed to it.

I'd like to have it so that I can monitor for just for our agency on a channel.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, if anyone can send me a copy of the help files for kpg 49d, I would like to give them the once over. I found them in a couple of places, but none of my machines can view them. I went so far as picking up an old 60 Mhz machine with just DOS 6.22 on it and they just won't open.

The self teaching learning curve has taken a nose dive, so if you can help, you will be preventing another hole in the wall............this time with an antenna sticking out of it.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
KB1JHU

Post by KB1JHU »

Look for the signalling options for that channel, if it says 'or' change it to 'and'
Scott, KB1JHU
The Comish

Post by The Comish »

Make sure you set the "or" to "and" like Scott above says and be sure your decoder type is set to "individual" not "group"
ems357

Post by ems357 »

Thanks, it work. But now the same freq set without A/B tones on another channel doesn't recieve.
azFIREguy

Post by azFIREguy »

ems357 wrote:Thanks, it work. But now the same freq set without A/B tones on another channel doesn't recieve.
did you have the radio on scan when it failed to recieve them?
Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope