Vertex P25 offerings?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
WC4RAV

Vertex P25 offerings?

Post by WC4RAV »

I was talking to a buddy and he claims that Vertex has rolled out P25 radios (finally). He mentioned a VX-920 series portable and a mobile based on the VX3200 chassis. Any truth to these rumors? I checked Vertex web page and no announcements or anything P25, and also poked around on the FCC OET web page and no recent additions for certification.
so what gives? is Vertex gonna get with the program and offer P25? they are missing out on alot of homeland security grant money which requires P25 capable gear.

Kenwood and Icom have pretty good offerings, and Icom has a full line for both VHF and UHF. They give Motorola a run for the money, and the Feds love their TK-5210's.

Come on Vertex don't let it hang in the dirt on this one.
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:beer: As a dealer, we have not physically seen anything. The ad on MRT and one of my fire magazines describes a mobile and portable. I think it was the 920 and the 7100(?) mobile.

But as of yet, nothing on our dealer site. Now that Vertex can encode and decode MDC1200 on some radios has really kicked sales up more than a few notchs.

PB
WC4RAV

Post by WC4RAV »

well I have seen such ads and a few web pages mention a VX-929/924 portable but no specs are given. I know many departments especially in outlying areas that would pounce on them if they were offered. P25 is the future and analog radio is being phased out slowly but surely. Those who get a foothold in P25 now will make it in the future. Personally I like Vertex's analog radios of today, they are robust and solid and in many cases put Motorola to shame. But the future in analog FM is written on the wall, it's only a matter of time. Like or not the future is digital, just as digital modulation has replaced analog FM in most every other communications network (cellular, PCS, ESMR and even consumer part 15 devices like cordless phones) and now Motorola has rolled out (albeit overpriced) digital spread spectrum jobsite radios, analog radio in public safety is being phased out day by day.

Vertex needs to get serious as Icom and Kenwood have, and they all need to expand their line. P25 isn't just a fad. Motorola and M/A Com should not be the only players in this market. Motorola's bloated prices and absurd despicable business practices are reason enough to choose the competition, but there has to be competition!
billy7834

Post by billy7834 »

The 920 is on the Vertex site...No mention of P25.

http://www.vertexstandard.com/indexVS.c ... Archived=0
jwb8734

Post by jwb8734 »

I was told from my dealer out here there is a P25 comming but not in 800. He said you prob will never see Vertex with and 800mhz product.
Check the Kenwwod line also. It seems like alot of the radios between Vertex and Kenwood look simular
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:grin: Got our pricing and info on the P25 portable and mobile today. Analog works fine for me.!! I knew they were more money, but wow!!

VHF and UHF available.

Paul b
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

http://www.rfwiz.com

They are advertising the vx-920 in APCO P25 digital for $1567 in UHF
VHF is $1340

VX-P929-G7 is the UHF package if you call and inquire.

Anyone know if you can get the cross band sub board option with the digital style?
RadioTweester

Post by RadioTweester »

I took a look at rfwiz and see they have the SRX listed but I also looked at the VX-P920 series brochure on http://www.lakelandcom.com/0000/pdf/Ver ... _Radio.pdf and I don't see the SRX boards listed.
I can only guess that the APCO circuitry added to an analog radio doesn't leave much room for a VHF/UHF RX board (hopefully I'm wrong!).

-Tom
azFIREguy

Post by azFIREguy »

so has anyone gotten one of these babies yet? I am waiting on my tax refund and I will be getting a VHF unit first.
Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope