FTL-2011/99 programming problems

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
s56kzn

FTL-2011/99 programming problems

Post by s56kzn »

Hi!

I am trying to programm Vertex FTL-2011/99.
I build cable from Batlab Image
When I plug cable in mic connector display shows " PRG MODE "
But I get " CHECK RADIO IS POWERED UP and CHECK FRONT PANEL TYPE "
Any idea?
Beno, s56kzn
redbird

Post by redbird »

The 99 channel needs special software. It does not use the regular software. Be sure you have correct program.
s56kzn

Post by s56kzn »

Hi!

I am useing CE7 USA Version -- v 3.3.
My radio is for EU market, should I have EU Version ???
Beno, s56kzn
py8elo

FTL-2011 99 chanels

Post by py8elo »

Hi all,
I have a problem with the FTL-2011 99 chanels...
When I try to read it the software says "wrong front panel"...
I can´t read or write it...
Can somebody help me please???
Thanks in advance!!!
Best regards,
Silva.
Brazilian Ham Radio
Callsign : PY8ELO QRA : Silva
GRID LOCATOR GI25AR
Amazon forest the lung of the world !
Sactokings

FTL-program cable

Post by Sactokings »

Beno,
This cable from Batlabs, is it specifically for VERTEX? That's good to know, cause I always thought BATLABS was motorola only... Do you remember the cable model# or designator?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
David
s56kzn

Post by s56kzn »

HI!

Same cable used with FTL-1011 24ch and worked 100%.
Beno, s56kzn
Sactokings

RE:

Post by Sactokings »

Beno,
Regarding your issue, it still sounds like the software, interface or both does not recognize the radio. Are you using the VERTEX software? Is this software available on the net? Let me know.

Meantime, thanks for your elaborate explanation regarding the cable. I recently bought/ ordered a FTL-7011 (16 channel) I should be receiving it in the mail soon. Anyways, I already have an FTL-7011 4 Channel (bought it at the swap meet.) I'm only getting exciter power out of it, too low to read on a regular watt meter. However, I'm starting to enjoy these radios regardless. Need to find schematics so I can troubleshoot the problem, otherwise the radio is only good fo <500 feet LOL. :wink:

Do you know if either the FTL-7011 or 2011 are expandable from 4 or 16 channels to something like yours - 99 channels? Is their a mod?

Thanks for your knowledge, keep in touch.

Regards,
David :grin:
n2rld

Post by n2rld »

I have found that most if not all dos software for Vertex, kenwood or motorola radios do not run well if at all in a dos window under windows.
I have a few old 486 machines with just DOS 6.22 on them and I never have a problem

Karl N2RLD
kb3pqp

Re: FTL-2011/99 programming problems

Post by kb3pqp »

good day all , if you have questions on the bat labs programming cable , I was the one who spent hours figuering it out , it requires the cable a true motorola rib and the 9 pin to 9 pin adapter i havee also found it does not work with all vertex mobiles i have used it on ftl-x011's
4 ch 12 ch and 24 ch , i have never tested it on the 99 channel units, i do also have the true vertex software if you need it let me know
de 73's harry kb3pqp :D
wc4dk

Post by wc4dk »

[ read the rules. -Admin]
rgvsusa

Post by rgvsusa »

CE7 is used for both the US and EUR versions but the startup sequence is different. The original software package had you run P4.bat to start the CE7. That loaded the US version profile.

Did you try running ce7.exe then read the radio?

There was a EUR startup file but I've forgotten what that was...

Maybe this will spark someone's memory.
G3OCR

Post by G3OCR »

I've just aquired a model 2014 (the 4-channel version, eBay for UK£25) and about to test that it gives some output (and doesn't produce smoke when keyed!) before I buy ( :o ) a programming cable - UK£14 from radioarena.

Schematics can be found here yaesu_ftl-2011-2014_schematics.pdf

A techie who knows a lot about these rigs confirmed - "old computer running DOS" - so I'll have to see if I can get the XYL's old laptop (an ancient Win98 machine with a fairly low-end Pentium) to boot up under 'native" DOS.

It would appear to be an ideal 'every-day' rig to leave in the car with the local repeater (it does have CTCC :) ), calling channel and a couple more to QSY to. That way, my expensive FT-857 can stay in the shack unless I really need it (long trips when more repeater channels are needed). What a pity it's not one of the versions with a few more channels and the scanning facility . . . . But for £25 I can't really complain :lol: and it's very easy to operate while driving.
G3OCR

Post by G3OCR »

The 2014 seems to be okay - produces 40W on TX (into a dummy load - I don't know the frequency!) and there's noise on RX with the squelch defeated.

Only problem is the serial interface cable - The only supplier I can find in UK says it's too late to ship today . . . . and tomorrow and Friday are public holidays (they are in Scotland) so the earliest I'll get it is next Tuesday :(
G3OCR

Post by G3OCR »

It seems that they cannot post the cable until after next Monday!

I wonder if anyone has the pin-out for the RJ-45 plud at the rig end and the D-9 connector at the computer serial port??

HELP! :-?

I'd really like to work on this rig before then.
StelianG

Post by StelianG »

Hello there,
I have two FTL 2011 Vertex transceiver.Its are in exterior identical,but the "proc." board is litle different (not the same memory) and maybe the "proc."
I manage to prog. the first one with 12 ch. , it work excelent !
But ,i have a big prob ,with the second one. The same "wrong panel......" answer . The machine is 486 ,DOS 6.22 , software CE5 ,i've try with CE7 ,CE20.... etc. Prog.interface is the "universal " from the russian site.
When i've try with second Trx (i think 99ch), with CE5 ,on the LED display is "Pr" and when i must to push "A" ,the button are not working.(I've verified the electric connections between the touch button and proc. and these are O.K.) When i try with CE7 ,the answer is: "wrong front panel"
When i've try with first Trx. (12ch with extension to 24ch),the LED display show me "Cl" and the "A" button working fine ,with CE5.
If someone have some ideas or other comments ,please let me know.

Best regards ,
Stelian