SM-4150EX Programming Error

Forum dedicated to discussion on Maxon Radio products
fieldska_emt

SM-4150EX Programming Error

Post by fieldska_emt »

NEED SOME HELP.... I have recently programmed my SM-4150EX with all of the channels that I need. I write the freq's to the radio, turn it off and bam ER. 03. According to the manual it tells me that something is not compatible.

What do I do now?

Are there any Diagnostics programs that I can use to test the radio?

Thanks

FieldsKA_EMT
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

ER-03 means that the synthesizer is out of lock due to a frequency entered that is out of range of the bandsplit of the radio or is out of range of the current synthesizer tuning.

If you entered valid frequencies within the bandsplit of the radio, then it needs realignment. That radio is only good for an 8MHz frequency spread within the nominal bandwidth without degredation although the synthesizer should stay lock over a 10 MHz range.

What frequencies were in the radio before you reprogrammed it and what frequencies are you attempting to enter?
fieldska_emt

Post by fieldska_emt »

I'm not sure of the original frequencies, I beleive that is was cleared out when I got it. But it is a 4150L. The Freq's all range between 134-174.

I did try a single freq of 154.400, and still got the error.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

If it is a 4150L the radio is only capable of operating between 136-150 and is factory aligned for 136-146.

That is why you are getting the error message for 154.400, even with retuning it will probably not go much above 151.

It is also possible that someone already messed with the PLL tuning to try to shift the bandsplit and now it will not lock even if you enter a 136-146 frequency.