tk 730 programming

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

znb10

tk 730 programming

Post by znb10 »

I have put in the upgrade chips to hold 160 AN channels. Both the radio and remote head have the correct chips. I have also removed the R33 and R156 resisters. When I go to program the radio it will hold all 160 channels but will only hold 32ch of AN. Groups 3-10 only read out GR 3 CH 1 and so on. Please help.
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

You've probably already checked this, but are you positive you have the exact same EEPROM in the head as you do in the radio? The head EEPROM stores all the AN information while the EEPROM in the radio stores frequency info. I'm assuming you programmed the same head with the same radio? I learned the hard way once by programming a radio and then swapping heads...all the channels read out, but the AN were wrong.

If you program the 32 CH radio using the 160 channel setup, you'll get a model/type mismatch message which you can disregard and just keep programming.

The radio side is okay, but double check your resistors and EEPROM in the head. For some reason, the head isn't seeing the new EEPROM. Both EEPROMS should be marked X24C16.

(Sorry if this sounds obvious, but it's easy to overlook something simple.)
znb10

Post by znb10 »

No idea is obvious. I have made sure they were programmed together and they do have the same eeprom. I thought the resisters may have some connection still but they do not. I am baffled at why it would only show the AN for the first two groups.
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

Hmm, that makes two of us :roll:

*puzzled*