Setting up P25 Conventional (Step by Step)

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
USPSS

Setting up P25 Conventional (Step by Step)

Post by USPSS »

Hi,

I would like a little help in setting up the P25 Conventional channels in Programmer for the M7100 radio.

What are the steps needed to begin. Group Set?? Group?? Channel??

If someone has a flow chart that would be great. I have 2 P25 ch here and am having problems getting them to work, I can make 1 work but I cannot access the other.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Stan
Stan Glass
Owner
USPSS
Manufacturer of BADGES and PATCHES for Public Safety worldwide.
NodrogCop

Post by NodrogCop »

Stan --

Do you need help with a start from scratch personality, or blowing one in?

If from scratch,

1. Go to the "SETS" tab
2. Double click "Conventional Frequency Set"
3. Click "P25 Conv Frequency Tab" at top
4. Click "New P25 Freq Set" at bottom
5. Enter the name for the new personality
6. Fill in Channel Name
7. Fill in all necessary channel information
8. Repeat steps 7 and 8 as necessary
9. Go back to the main dialog box (where SETS tab is) and click on options
10. Configure options as you need them; back to main dialog box
11. Go to "SYSTEMS" tab
12. Click on "System Setup"
13. Add the systems you just programmed under the "General" tab
14. Go to the "Project 25 Conventional Tab" and fill out as appropriate
15. SAVE IT!
16. Blow the personality into the radio

I don't know if that's what you were looking for, but it's all I got at nearly 5 a.m. :D

If it's something else, I'll try to help -- perhaps Ken will chime in.

P.S. Ken, if you're reading, I had another MRK blow up it's feature encryption data again...

Gordon
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

Gordon

I will try that, I had two of them in there, but I could only access one channel.

Thanks I will try it.

Stan
Stan Glass
Owner
USPSS
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

Hi Gordon,

I tried the below from scratch, it does not work, in the systems setup area it tells me that I have a problem, I need to put LID in somewhere and I can only find that in EDAC screen. This is all when I get to the bottom under "System Setup" I do what you say but then it tells me I have that problem.

Any suggestions, can you possibly send a codeplug that has P25 channels in it so I can disect it.

SGlass8893@aol.com

I have ver. 15 of conventional Product & File Version R15C02

Maybe we can talk on the phone.

Thanks

Stan
Stan Glass
Owner
USPSS
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

I just bought one of these radios and am curious about the P25. If in P25 mode, will it talk to an Astro Saber/XTS motorola radio in IMBE mode?

I'm guessing that it will, but I want to make sure as the feature string for the P25 option is pretty expensive.

Speaking of feature strings, does your M7100 have that string/option enabled?
Scott
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

I have everything on the radio, and yes it does talk to my XTS5000, Kenwood TK-5310 and Astro Saber in CAI mode without any trouble. That mode is a standard so if the radio does not talk then it is not meeting the TIA 102.
Stan Glass
Owner
USPSS
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

I just bought the radio, used of course. M/A-Com won't deal with individuals directly, so I have to go through an authorized dealer. FMR is not authorized to redistibute feature strings and the place here in Texas told me that they may not be able to sell me the string because some agencies use that mode for a more secure mode of communications... My jaw hit the floor when he told me that.

He then told me that I'd have to send him the radio. I told him that I had put feature strings in other radios without sending them in. He asked me how and I told him with Programmer. That's when he started in with the CAI IMBE mode is secure communications and it isn't allowed on ham bands BS...

Hopefully, I'll be able to find someone who can purchase this for me. I hoping that it'll already be in the radio and I won't have to worry about it.
Scott
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

Just got the radio and it works great in analog mode, but when I try to put a digital frequency in, it only receives "pops". That is the only way I can describe it.

Any ideas? Does this mean that I don't have that option available in the radio? It lets me program just about anything I want into it, but it will not receive my XTS when I transmit in digital using NAC 293.
Scott
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

I suppose if you see Option 33 in the radios list, then it is capable of P25 conventional. Am I right about that?
Scott