RICK info?

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
rescue161

RICK info?

Post by rescue161 »

Looking for info on RICK. Is this a good way to make a cheap repeater? It would not need to ID itself or anything, just repeat. Also, it would have to be heavy duty. Would this be ideal for what I need? How much would this be? I would need the radios too. I would need UHF (403-433 MHz). Thanks,
Scott
Monty

RICK

Post by Monty »

HI Scott:

Not super chaep, but less than wholesale.

I have the R*I*C*Ks and I may even have
a 403-430 Mhz Maxtrac

If interested, Please email me @ msisco9939@aol.com

Monty
Will

Post by Will »

I build a small Plug and Play Repeater module that will do what you need. You don't even need a 16 pin logic board in the transmit radio!! All in a small package, 3 X 2 X 1" with perminitly attached cables. All for $95.....
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

So I just plug the wires into the radios, hook up two antennas and I'm ready? We were looking for a simple repeater to use as a "Mobile" repeater to take to the site where we would be. Has to be Marine proof though, 'cause I won't be here forever...lol
Thanks for the replies...
Scott
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

Almost forgot. What would be needed to make two Uniden radios into a simple repeater? I found out that we are soon going to an 800 MHz system, but it won't be able to travel with us. Right now we are using UHF Low, but when we do go to 800, I'd like to have everything ready.
Thanks again
Scott