GE Comm. Handheld mobile mic

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
radio230
Site Supporter

GE Comm. Handheld mobile mic

Post by radio230 »

Hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to find the pin-out for a GE mobile mic. It uses the RJ45 connector. What I am trying to do is make this work as an external mic for a Motorola CDM1250. I have the pin-out for the rear acc. post on the CDM1250 figured out (i think) but cannot locate the diagram for the mic itself. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. The model # of the mic is "19B801398P11". Looks like only 5 wires actually in use in the connector.

Thanks
Dan Collins - Telecommunicator
Cahokia, IL Police Department
n_zero_ndp

Re: GE Comm. Handheld mobile mic

Post by n_zero_ndp »

This mic is for the GE "MDS" radio. Best pinout I could find is the following:
Sorry, pin numbers were not available - I assume they are from 1 to 8.

RXD
A-
TXD
PTT
SWA+
MICHI
MICLO
RXA
radio230
Site Supporter

Post by radio230 »

I appreciate the info, but it leaves me even more confused. The mic I have has only 5 wires, you listed 8 active pins. The mic I have came off a GE Mastr II or Mastr III rack mount base transmitter. It is what we used at the PD from our Zetron console. I don't know if this informatin makes a diffrence, but hopefully it will to you. If not I may have to expirement a little to try and make this work, which I really do not want to do for fear of breaking something.
Dan Collins - Telecommunicator
Cahokia, IL Police Department
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

I hate to rain on your parade, but I expect if you did get the wiring changed on the RJ45
to mate with the CDM, it might still be incompatible. /\/\ mics are cheap - the GE mic is
just gonna give you a headache.

The MAXTRAC mic will work on the CDM series. If you are desperate enough, I could make
you a good deal on a Moto mic if needed......

Ken in KC