Orion 806-870mhz EDACS Programming

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
superdutied

Orion 806-870mhz EDACS Programming

Post by superdutied »

I will be receiving my Orion 806-870mhz EDACS 35watt Radio, programming cable, and software in the next week.I've done all motorola stuff before both in DOS and windows based, but never touched the Orion stuff yet. When I get the unit the first thing I'm going to do is read the unit and save all vital info so I can have a restart point if I screw up. Can anyone give me a kind of step by step to save the info and what special info I should save. Any help is truely appriciated!!!
Thanks,
Troy.
elbertqueddeng

Re: Orion 806-870mhz EDACS Programming

Post by elbertqueddeng »

hello troy,

i am also new on the ORION radio but i recomend you to save the (.bin) file which is the Radio Information,the Tracking Data(.trk),Encryption Data(.enc) and the (.adi file). If it is still new, it has not personality yet except from the factory default. But it is up to you if you want to save it into your computer.
JungleJim

Post by JungleJim »

Whenever you read or write a personality to a radio, Programmer automatically saves a copy of the tracking data and feature data in the /backup folder. You can also read, write and edit them in the Radio Maintenance program which comes with Programmer. If you have Programmer R18 or older there are two buttons on the MRK/Orion/etc. tab at the bottom. One is labeled "Write code to file" and the other is "Write ADI/DSP to file." These will read the flash code and ADI code if any from the radio and save them on your computer. Make sure you save them in the /radbin file with the file name suggested.

Some versions of Orions and MRKs will automatically reflash every so often during reprogram. That's normal.
superdutied

Post by superdutied »

You guys are awesome! all advice and help is more than welcome. I should be getting the radio cable and software this week. Looking forward to the challange!!!