Programming Motorola HT 1000 radios

Talk about anything that doesn't fit in a topic below - Also used for board announcements.
rcorpora

Programming Motorola HT 1000 radios

Post by rcorpora »

I am the Director of IT for a County in upstate New York and have been asked to be able to program our Sheriff depts radios with frequency changes and so on. I am looking for the software to allow me to do this. Any help as to how I can go about acquiring this software would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Rob
n9gik
Site Supporter

Re: Programming Motorola HT 1000 radios

Post by n9gik »

Rob,

I think you are going to have to go through Motorola for that. Motorola seems to consider that very proprietary.
I don't know much about 2-way radios but I'm over 50 and can't remember not having one around. Everything from Buddy and Citi-fone to Icom and Kenwood.
rcorpora

Post by rcorpora »

Does anyone have a contact to obtain this from Motorola? Trying to find anything on the web is frustration when it comes to 2-way radios.

Thank you
Rob
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

Your first step is to obtain a MOL (Motorola On Line) account at
http://businessonline.motorola.com
but Motorola puts up many roadblocks to end users that want to buy software.

It may be worthwhile to call them first: 800 814-0601.

Have you talked to your radio service people to be aware what you are getting into with the interface hardware required? The HT1000 software is strictly DOS and will run only under DOS 6.22 not in a DOS Window or DOSBOX. At least the HT1000 RSS is later generation and is supposed to run on Pentium machines. Early versions of Motorola RSS require a 386 or slow 486.