tk 280 problem

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

azFIREguy

tk 280 problem

Post by azFIREguy »

Here the deal. My chief always cuts him self off on the radio ( this is not the problem :wink: ) How ever he brought me his radio to take a look at it. The radio has a new battery that is about 1 month old and a few that are about 8 months old. When I key up the radio about 1-2 sec. into the tx the radio cuts out and the led starts to flash red. This make me think the battery is dead, however the batt has a full charge and does this right off the charger. So I go into the RSS and read the radio and everything looks fine. So I then go into the " test mode " and then to F10 "tuning mode" then "battery waring level" but it will not allow me to adjust anything there. Is there away to just the batt warning level?
Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope
nmfire10

Post by nmfire10 »

Just because the battery just came off the charger doesn't mean it is good. The battery can be defective. Try it with another known-good battery and see if it does the same thing. Like someone else said, clean up the battery contacts on the radio which might be causing a voltage drop.

If it still does it, I think it will be "off to a kenwood dealer" time.
azFIREguy

Post by azFIREguy »

matt, I did check it with other batt's still does the same thing. I know just because it came off the charger it still could not work but i thought i would throw that in there some somebody didn't say " charge the battery" Oh well I guess its off to the depot
Sex at age 90 is like trying to shoot pool with a rope