TK-630 problems

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

ka7wnf

TK-630 problems

Post by ka7wnf »

I have a TK-630 dualbanded with a TK-830. 6 meter antenna is a mag mounted MFJ 2 meter/6 meter antenna. Problem is the radio receives the same signal at 100 kc intervals. For example, if listening to the 53.15 repeater I can hear it on 53.25, 53.35, 53.05 etc. The signal gets weaker the further off it is. Any ideas? Antenna setup, problem with radio? Thanks. Peter.
willbartlett
Administrator

Post by willbartlett »

If it's not too much of a hassle, go in and check that ALL the screws are tight. I'd think about removing the antenna from the 830 and seeing if the problem persists. Too bad it's a dual setup, probably be a pain to pull it out of the car and check on the bench. 100khz doesn't ring a bell for the x30 series. does this happen with the vehicle unpowered as well?

Out of curiosity, do you have a schematic for the krk-4db kit? I've been looking for one to make up a full DB set, same as yours. I have enough parts in the form of KRK-2 and partial KRK-4 plates, but I need the schematic for both krk4 radio front plates so I know what parts to install/remove...

Thanks, Will
n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

Will,I tried a dual setup with a 630h and an 830 h...hated it,squelch was impossible to align properly to use a button for squelch control.Either too loose or too tight depending on freq.I seperated them and use 2 heads now.
mod
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

Will, I have a set of installation instructions for the KRK4-DB but no schematics. I have compared the faceplates and while the pc boards are the same there are a lot of parts to swap out. Good luck! I'll try the screw tighening. i need to swap out that 18 foot cable anyways for that 2 footer i got from drevil on ebay. There really is so little 6 meter activity here in the Seattle area i can probably live with it.