vx-150 programming problem

Forum dedicated to discussion on Vertex Commercial Radio products
semtex

vx-150 programming problem

Post by semtex »

Ok, I have all my frequencies in but I want to add a CTCSS code to 2 channels. I go to (F) set and hit the sq type button. I select T SQ for tone squelch and i hit the PTT button just like the manual says. I then go (F) set 2 button for Code and I set my CTCSS code id like to use and I hit the (F) key to save the settings and return to normal operation like the manual says. Now if i change the channel to something else and go back to the one i had the CTCSS code its not there and I have to re-set it if I want to use it. WHy doesnt it save so anytime im on that channel it uses that tone code
silverbk

Re: vx-150 programming problem

Post by silverbk »

semtex wrote:Ok, I have all my frequencies in but I want to add a CTCSS code to 2 channels. I go to (F) set and hit the sq type button. I select T SQ for tone squelch and i hit the PTT button just like the manual says. I then go (F) set 2 button for Code and I set my CTCSS code id like to use and I hit the (F) key to save the settings and return to normal operation like the manual says. Now if i change the channel to something else and go back to the one i had the CTCSS code its not there and I have to re-set it if I want to use it. WHy doesnt it save so anytime im on that channel it uses that tone code
You need to save the channel into memory overwriting the data already in there. Usually on Yaesu stuff you hold the F key down, then select the memory number you need to overwrite. The F key again.

YMMV
semtex

Post by semtex »

worked like a charm thank you so much