New question added.Programming a TK-270G.

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

Elighting

New question added.Programming a TK-270G.

Post by Elighting »

I have the soft and hard ware to program my 270G.I can not get the software to open.I'm using Windows XP.I got my TK-260 software to open and I reprogrammed my 260 as well.What do I need,to be able to open the software?

I received the correct software and got my 270G programmed.Now for the new question,I have gotten everything programmed just like I want,except for one thing.I can not get the scan revert channel to stay at the last channel used.What I want it to do,is when it is scanning and it gets to a channel with traffic,I want it to stop scanning,I want it to go back to the last channel that had traffic,not the one that I started scanning at.

Thank you.

Jordan,TFD,TCFD,VFD
Last edited by Elighting on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
n9gik
Site Supporter

May need Windows 98

Post by n9gik »

My dealer provided me with the software to program my 270 and 272, but I can't make it work on XP. I tried every trick anyone could think of. My daughter had a laptop with 98 she wasn't using any more so I tried it. Worked perfectly.

Time to hit a yard sale and find a cheap computer.
I don't know much about 2-way radios but I'm over 50 and can't remember not having one around. Everything from Buddy and Citi-fone to Icom and Kenwood.
Elighting

Post by Elighting »

Added a question to my post.
k2hz

Re: New question added.Programming a TK-270G.

Post by k2hz »

Elighting wrote:I can not get the scan revert channel to stay at the last channel used.What I want it to do,is when it is scanning and it gets to a channel with traffic,I want it to stop scanning,I want it to go back to the last channel that had traffic,not the one that I started scanning at.
In the KPG56D Scan Information screen, change REVERT to LAST USED for the last channel you transmitted on or LAST CALLED for the last channel a call was received on.
Elighting

Re: New question added.Programming a TK-270G.

Post by Elighting »

k2hz wrote:
Elighting wrote:I can not get the scan revert channel to stay at the last channel used.What I want it to do,is when it is scanning and it gets to a channel with traffic,I want it to stop scanning,I want it to go back to the last channel that had traffic,not the one that I started scanning at.
In the KPG56D Scan Information screen, change REVERT to LAST USED for the last channel you transmitted on or LAST CALLED for the last channel a call was received on.
When you say last called,do you mean the last channel have tones set off on(2-tone decode)or last channel with traffic period?I have set it to that and when I press the scan button,it still goes back to the channel it started scanning at.Thank you.

Jordan,TFD,TCFD,VFD
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

I have never used that feature but my understanding of Kenwood's definition of a "call" is either coded squelch (TCS or DCS), selective call, 2-tone or DTMF.

I believe that if you are carrier squelch receive on that channel it will not work but it should work if you are programmed for either tone or digital squelch.
q71

programming a tk-270g

Post by q71 »

THE SOFT WARE YOU ARE USING WILL ONLY WORK IN DOS NOT A DOS WINDOW.
ALSO TO MAKE THE RADIO TX ON THE LAST CHANNEL HEARD DISABLE
HOME CHANNEL AND SET REVERT CHANNEL TO LAST HEARD . tHAT SHOULD DO IT.
k2hz

Post by k2hz »

What verion of KPG56D has "LAST HEARD" as a REVERT option?

My Ver 3.20 and my service manual only has "LAST CALLED" or "LAST USED" options other than priority or selected with or without talkback depending on the priority setting.
Firefighter15

Post by Firefighter15 »

As far as the kpg56d running on winxp, it works fine for me, I'm running xp pro and it does run in a "dos box", I have programed several radios from my laptop running win98 and my desktop running xp pro and shared the dat files between the two. I write the program on my desktop because its just easier typing and looking at my spreadsheet of freqs. then i save the dat file to a floppy so i can use my laptop the get to the unit. I am running version 2.10 maybe that has something to do with it. as for the revert ch. i have my tk-270g set to "talk back and selected" that gives me 3 seconds to talk on the last ch recieved or wait 3 seconds and talk on the ch that i have selected with the knob. how about getting more than a, b, and c tones in the 2-tone decode? we are all "hi-band" here so we have our FD dispatch tones and no more spaces for indivdual paging tones.
Last edited by Firefighter15 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.