ge S825 head

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
kl12345

ge S825 head

Post by kl12345 »

Hello can anyone tell me how to brighten the LCD scree on these heads??? I cleaned the zebra strips on the back on the LCD and did not helo any?? also can you still buy new keypad layouts for these radios??
firemanbatt

Post by firemanbatt »

email or talk to Ken, N_zero_npd...He's the man!
Bushton Fire Department
Bushton Kansas
n_zero_ndp

Re: ge S825 head

Post by n_zero_ndp »

kl12345 wrote:Hello can anyone tell me how to brighten the LCD scree on these heads??? I cleaned the zebra strips on the back on the LCD and did not helo any?? also can you still buy new keypad layouts for these radios??
What kind of problem are you having? A backlighting issue - or - does the LCD seem to have faded segments when you try to look at it from various angles?

Next question... Is your LCD assembly attached to the display board with the metal holder or the piece of crap plastic one? Either will give you problems, but the plastic one is the worst as it does not fit onto the display board properly.

Reply here or PM for details...

As for the keypads... see them on eBay sometimes - not sure if M/A-COM supports the 8xx series anymore. Better get one off of eBay when you have the chance... Currently up for auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tegory=296

*** Hey TIM, don't go telling everybody stuff like that! They will expect me to really know something ;-) ***

Ken
NodrogCop

Post by NodrogCop »

Don't start, Ken, or I'll start seconding comments like Tim's and spreading the word too! :D

Check your PM's if you haven't done so already.

Gordon