S825 Head Problem

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
vcaruso

S825 Head Problem

Post by vcaruso »

I have an S825 System head that has been locking up lately when in the vehicle the operator will switch channels or modes and it will suddenly lock the head and display MultiKey on the display. I tried powering it down and turning it back on only to get the same error.

I even went so far as to reprogram the head and it will work fine for a few days then the same problem all over. I have had the head on the bench apart and it all looks good and works fine on the bench when connected to a different radio and on a different band. is there something in programming that controls this that maybe I missed?

All help is appreciated.
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

anyone ???
mike m

Post by mike m »

remove the keypad and see if it is bad. After some time in the sun they get hard and crusty and pressing one key results in multiple contact closures.

It sounds like when one key is being pressed the ctrl head is seeing more than one closure and displaying multiple keys pressed. It's been a while since I have had my S825 operating, I've moved to hamflashed S990s in my smaller vehicles, but I think I saw this before.

Mike