tk-790 question

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

beaujo_fire

tk-790 question

Post by beaujo_fire »

hello to the group. I am about to ask a queston about the tk-790 model radios and know up front that I have no experience with kenwoods at all. All of my background is with moto and GE gear.

With that.

I have noticed that the tk790 has the ability to dual band two radio drawers with one control head which peaked my interest.

My question is this. Will the single control head while controlling two (one uhf and one vhf) radio drawers scan both drawers if programmed with both uhf and vhf freqs.. Or will the control head only control one band at a time? What I am thinking is if, the one control head can scan both uhf and vhf freqs in succession as it scans then i would be interested in installing one in my wife's car with two radio drawers remotely mounted thus only having the one little control head and one little mic in the front of the car.

Is this possible with these radios?

Thanks

Dave
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Dave,

I cannot answer this... but there is a Yahoo group for the x30/x90 series radios:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kenwood-T ... s-Mobiles/

BTW: the x30 series can be used the same way - dual radios/single control head.
The x90 is a Cadillac while the x30 is much more affordable.
n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

Yes the 30/90 seris will scan both bands in the order that that they are programmed.
mod